PDA

View Full Version : Can you make money with a web site or is it hype?

Johnnie
09-05-2008, 06:03 AM
I have read the hype on the internet about how much money I can make by building a website but I would be very interested in hearing the real stories from some of you.

I don't believe for a moment it is a get rich quick method of making money. However, I do believe there is money to be made. So I guess the question I am trying to resolve is, if a person who is just beginning in the business works hard to follow the rules on this website and learn all he can, what might be a realistic expection of monetary success within the first year?

Thanks,

Johnnie

Chris
09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
First year... hard to say, a few hundred a month should be easily attainable, maybe $1000.

Xander
09-05-2008, 11:18 AM
It depends on how much work/research you do and how lucky you are (some say the harder you work the "luckier" you become).

You can put up a clone site with minimal effort and make nothing or a few bucks, you can work hours on a bespoke site and achieve the same result. It's all about research and patience.

Johnnie
09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks Ghris/Xander for your replies. On the one hand I have seen there is money to be made. On the other, there are times when it seems the only ones making money are the ones wanting to sell you software and advice about building a website.

Anyway, I don't mind slow. I just wouldn't want to work my butt off for a year only to find out it was all a sham!

Johnnie

qoqonut.com
10-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I think it's all about how much visitors you can get to your site.