PDA

View Full Version : opinion about ppc

Armina5
08-20-2008, 03:55 AM
I never used it. Now want to look into it. Do you know which ones are popular? I saw so many of them.

Also I wanted to know if you have experiences, because I need quick and a lot of return in a short time from PPC.

Hope you can help me. :yawnb:

Chris
08-22-2008, 11:58 AM
MSN traffic seems to buy more to me than Google traffic. Yahoo is definitely the worst.

chromate
08-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Also I wanted to know if you have experiences, because I need quick and a lot of return in a short time from PPC.

Everyone wants a big return in a short space of time ;)

In reality, there's only one way with PPC... Get a campaign up and running, track absolutely everything possible, and make changes based on the results.

Thing is, it's important to let the campaign run long enough in order to gather enough statistics to be able to make appropriate decisions about what changes are required. Depending on your keywords, you should be prepared for this to take some time, and to lose money (sometimes a lot).

Some PPC engines work better than others depending on the market you're targeting. Google will bring you comparatively large volumes of traffic very quickly, but may not give you the best ROI. Again, this is something that only testing is likely to reveal.

The quicker you want results, the more money you should be prepared to lose to begin with, as you'll need to ramp up your bid prices above the odds to get the traffic, and therefore statistics, you require over the short space of time. The sooner you have the stats, the sooner you can start pruning out non-performing keywords etc and hopefully turn it into a profitable campaign.

However, also be aware that account history has a lot to do with things. You may be having to pay $1/click in order to rank #3 with your new account, but your competitor may only be paying $0.20/click to rank #1 because their account has built up a lot of good history. So again, there's the time factor involved.

TIP: make sure your account gets off to a good start. Don't dump thousands of keywords into it all at once and make sure the site you're sending traffic to is not completely useless!

Don't be fooled into thinking that PPC is a quick way to make money. It can be - if you have the experience and budget to blow on testing things. But otherwise, be prepared to lose money for a good while until you find your feet.

Cutter
08-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Google, Yahoo, and MSN are the only ones worth touching unless you are prepared to lose a lot of money with no return. Of course that same can happen with G,Y, & MSN. The only difference there is if you lose money its your fault. A lot of these other PPC places are 100% fraud.

chromate
08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Yep, I second that. I've not found any PPC engines worth using other than the big three.

Sundreez
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have any experience using shopzilla? I have not made any money on it, but I am thinking of making another attempt for Mother's Day. What do you think?