PDA

View Full Version : Word press SEO

Cloughie
08-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Hey,

I wanted a bit of help on getting my blog a little more search engine friendly.

The website is www.empoweringsounds.com and the blog is www.empoweringsounds.com/blog

We used to have an articles section, which I removed and turned into a word press blog.

I am actually considering putting the articles section back and running both now – articles would be decent length articles and the blog would be more daily comments with plugs to articles and products where relevant.

But, either way, I am concerned that the blog doesn’t appear to be coming up in google results. For example try and search for the blog titles (particularly those on the second page) and hardly anything comes up.

The one change I am going to make is the htaccess search engine friendly urls, but do you have any other suggestions or insight into what I am doing wrong here?

Cheers,

Daniel

Chris
08-16-2008, 01:07 PM
There is an all in one WP seo contribution, I recommend it.

Todd W
08-17-2008, 12:02 AM
There is an all in one WP seo contribution, I recommend it.

Ditto that.

Works great, and is easy.

I suggest Auto Update too, easy way to keep WP up to date. Be sure to save back-ups tho.

Dan Schulz
08-24-2008, 11:00 PM
You'll want to read this thread over on SitePoint: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3708201

Cloughie
08-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the thread, useful reading!

databloc
09-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I noticed your urls are not very SEO friendly.. So...

Just go into your word press admin and click Settings > Permalinks. Make sure a SEO frieldly option selected. I use the custom setting:

/%postname%-%year%%monthnum%%day%/

embry79
09-16-2008, 08:57 PM
i am now having a hard time with this blogging thing with wordpress when it comes to update. which version of wordpress allows the permalink /%category%/%postname%/

grishamist
09-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Thanks for sharing that information of yours. As a SEO, I need it for my link building.

Blue Cat Buxton
09-17-2008, 05:06 AM
i am now having a hard time with this blogging thing with wordpress when it comes to update. which version of wordpress allows the permalink /%category%/%postname%/

All the versions of Wordpress I have used allow this, certainly the recent ones will.

On 2.6.2 (the latest version I have running), it is under settings, on the right hand side, then Permalinks