PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find the 'right' webhost for a directory website

Positive Energy
08-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Hi all!

I hope i am in the right forum space! If there is anyone out there that could help me and put me in the right direction, that would be great!

I am in the process of finding the 'right' webhost. The website i want to start up is a directory, very similiar to Yellow Pages, etc but after having searched for a particular business they would then be directed to the businesses profile page. Obviously i want as many businesses on my site, so i assume that one day my website will be quite large.
What attributes and services should i be looking out for when picking a webhost for my directory?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

X

databloc
09-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Sounds like location might be important. Not sure if you are going national or global but try to find a hosting solution near your target audiences. You can do this by searching google like "web hosting in texas" etc.

Also, I dont think speed or space will be an issue for your site so dont get swept away with the largest plans. Look more for a history or reliable uptime and good support.

Good luck with the search!