PDA

View Full Version : Ypn

Mike
06-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I know there was a lot of negativity towards YPN a while ago, but what's everyone's views on it now?

I'm looking for something as backup to Adsense so I'm wondering about giving YPN a try. Are there still as many problems?

Also, I don't know if I dreamt this or what, but I'm sure there was some software that analysed all of the advertisers through your networks and picked the highest paying one to show on your site. Is there such a thing? As I say, I may just have dreamt this, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing such a site that offered this.

Todd W
06-25-2008, 01:38 PM
I know there was a lot of negativity towards YPN a while ago, but what's everyone's views on it now?

I'm looking for something as backup to Adsense so I'm wondering about giving YPN a try. Are there still as many problems?

Also, I don't know if I dreamt this or what, but I'm sure there was some software that analysed all of the advertisers through your networks and picked the highest paying one to show on your site. Is there such a thing? As I say, I may just have dreamt this, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing such a site that offered this.

I think there are a couple sites/companies that do the last thing you mentioned. I believe they do it based on CTR though not actual income.

Westech
06-25-2008, 02:10 PM
I got fed up and stopped using YPN a long time ago. You can search some of my old threads and see why.

It was mostly due to constant hassles and inconvenience. They always did pay on time. I'd say if you can't use adsense and YPN is your only alternative it might be worth putting up with them. Also, it's been a while, so they might have finally gotten their act together.

Chris
06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
YPN will probably cease to exist soon.

Yahoo & Google are forming a partnership for ads. Details haven't been released, but I think we can assume that Yahoo will be canning their ad business and just renting Google's.

Todd W
06-25-2008, 04:00 PM
YPN will probably cease to exist soon.

Yahoo & Google are forming a partnership for ads. Details haven't been released, but I think we can assume that Yahoo will be canning their ad business and just renting Google's.

I wonder if they will ban you if you are banned on google... interesting :idea:

Mike
06-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Interesting... I hadn't heard that one.

There's just nothing to rival Adsense from what I can see, which is worrying.

bermuda
07-19-2008, 08:11 AM
I still do not understand how Yahoo cannot fix all matters about YPN and announce the ultimate international version. It's still in beta and far from being complete.

Chris
07-19-2008, 03:13 PM
at this point YPN is likely finished. If Icahn win's his board fight it will end up with Microsoft, if not, it'll be powered by Adsense.

fatnewt
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Last time I checked it was still only for U.S. publishers and only for sites aimed at the U.S. As a Canadian, I'm not interested.

But as Chris says, it should disappear soon anyways.