PDA

View Full Version : Effective time use for ad placement

artcoder
06-07-2008, 11:00 AM
When creating a new site, should I add the ads as I am adding the content? Or should I just focus on adding content, let it sit for a while as I add more content, and then see from the logs which pages are popular. And then add ads to those "popular pages".

I'm not talking about Google ads, because those are the same code that you can copy and paste to all your pages or to your included header or footer -- and it takes no time to do. I'm talking about amazon.com ads where I have to pick individual products and go through their wizard to generate the code. It can take a lot of time just to add one ad and it doesn't seem like a good use of my time to place on all pages when only about 20% of the site is well visited. 80% are low traffic.

Chris
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't start adding affiliate ads like that until after the site is established, moreso because you want to keep the ad numbers down.

TryUsOut
06-19-2008, 02:27 AM
That is a good advice. I would also to work more first on getting more targted traffic as this will help in making more conversions.